People cannot discover new lands until they have courage to lose sight of the shore.
— Andre Gide
My Professional Path
EXECUTIVE AND MENTOR COACH
- Mentor Coaching of executives, practicing professionals (financial, medical, legal), and performing professionals (pro athletes and actors) to write the next chapter of their life and business stories
- CEO, MentorPath®, a Mentor Coaching, publishing, training, and wellness firm
- Described as The CEO’s Secret Weapon in confidential Mentor Coaching to collaborate on personal and professional success strategies
- Consultation in high risk, high reward situations to optimize performance and resolution
- Trained professionals to become Licensed, Specialty-Certified New Life Story® Coaches and New Money Story® Mentors
- Develops Internal Mentoring Programs for Fortune 500 companies and National Non-profits
- Practices a proven strategic Mentor Coaching system based on the mind and brain sciences
- International Coaching Federation
- Coach Training Alliance Faculty and Dean of Curriculum
- Author of 20 books, 75 book chapters and scientific papers on self-development, money, success, and wellness
- The Secret Language of Money (McGraw Hill) is a Business Bestseller translated into 10 languages
- Inducted into American Society of Journalists and Authors
- Media and script consultant
- TV documentaries on success; emotional aspects of money
- Source for features in New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Money, Fortune, Forbes, Savvy, Lear’s, Town & Country, Parenting Today, Self, Allure, Better Homes and Gardens, Redbook, Real Simple
- His book, Success and the Fear of Success in Women was named as one of the 100 Most Influential Professional Books of the 20th Century
CLINICAL PIONEER, PROFESSOR
- Psychiatrist and Psychoanalyst and clinical practice, 1976-2002
- Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine until 2002; Training and Supervising Analysts, Houston-Galveston Psychoanalytic Institute, 1997-2002; Faculty, The Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis, Washington D.C.
- Honorary inductions: Fellow, American Psychiatric Association; Fellow, American College of Psychoanalysts; Fellow, American College of Psychiatrists; New York Academy of Science; 2000 Outstanding Scientists of the 20th Century; International Who’s Who; Who’s Who in Writers, Editors and Poets; Who’s Who of Scientists and Engineers; Who’s Who of Medical Specialists
- Founder and Director of one of the first Multi-Specialty Eating Disorders Treatment and Research Centers in the United States 1983-1992; Nominated for the American Psychiatric Association Achievement Award as having the highest cure rate of any ED program
- Consultant, public and private corporations including US Department of Labor, The Republic of Germany, The German Embassy, International Women’s Tennis Association, The Institute of Rehabilitation and Research, SMU Graduate School of Business
- Visiting Professorships: Augsburg, Germany; Javierana University, Bogotá, Colombia; Kansas Institute, Kansas City, Kansas; The Timberlawn Foundation, Dallas, Texas
- His research in writing has been referenced in over 20,000 scientific journals and books
- Listed annually in THE BEST DOCTORS IN AMERICA (Woodward / White, Inc. 1996 – 2002); listed in AMERICA’S TOP PSYCHIATRISTS (Consumer Research Council of America, Washington D.C.)
- Executive Mentor Coach
- CEO, MentorPath
- Houston Head, A Gathering of Angels (Venture/Seed Capital Investment Group)
- Clinical Practice of Psychiatry and Psychoanalysis with Professional Employees; 1976-2002
- Founder and Partner, Houston Day Hospital, Inc.
- Startup owner, Venture Capital funding, and Merger/Acquisition of Houston Day Hospital Inc.
- Board of Directors, Integrated Psychiatric Services Inc.
- Founder and CEO, Houston HomeHealth Associates, Inc.
- Owner/CEO, Houston Wellness Management Systems, Inc.
- President, Texian Management, Inc. (1988-2002)
- Board of Directors, Options for Women
- Farm and ranch owner/operator; exotic wildlife ranching